« Home | I don't need the Simpson's version or any other od... » | Wake Me Up When September Ends » | First Day of School » | I'm on my Way » | Don't You Wish Your Dog Was Cute Like Mine!?!? » | I don't wanna grow up... » | Awkward Sarcasm and a True Love » | I Hope... » | Passive-Aggressive People... » | Learning to Pray with Faith »

Froo.ih.shun

It all happened about mid-January. I had this crazy idea. It started out as kind of a crazy dream that I would like to see happen, but didn't necessarily see myself as the one who did it. So I told a friend. "Hey, guess what I thought," I said. "We should do this." It sounded good to her as well. So we did what anybody would do when they were trying to plan a big event. We procrastinated. In June we revisited the idea and made the final decision that this was something we were definitely going to do and plans were on their way.

October 6-8 marked the first annual Teen Girl's Retreat...and it was a BLAST! It was a small gathering, but I don't think Wendy and I could have asked for more! We had 18 girls and 4 of us adults that spent the weekend exploring the theme, "Lights! Camera! Action!" The whole weekend revolved around Hollywood including Mann's Chinese Theatre, a Walk of Stars, and lots of speakers and activities for the girls. All in all the weekend was amazing. The girls had a GREAT time, made some new friends, and told us that they're all planning on coming back next year!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend...

Brooke the star Brooke the Movie Star Rachel Rachel explaing the "Grab your neighbor's butt and run" game.
Grab your neighbor's butt and run More butt grabbing fun.
Jenna's Game Face Jenna's Game Face!!! Wendy and Mann's Wendy with our Mann's Chinese Theatre behind her...the hands and feet glowed under a black light. Pumpkin carving Pumpkin carving fun...they had to carve a Hollywood themed pumpkin.

Be on the look out for the Teen Girl's Retreat of 2007.

Sounds like it was great! I would have loved that when I was a teen. Oh, who am I kidding. I'd love that now!

Post a Comment