« Home | Rule #86 » | Movies as Real Life » | Whew...it's been a while... » | Contentment... » | Finally an Update » | A Bold Step??? » | 'Tis the Season... » | Meet the Newest Member of My Family » | A Tribute to Two Cute Kids » | Tell me a story... »

Learning to Pray with Faith

I'm a wimp when it comes to prayer. That's right, I'll get it out there for the whole world to see. My prayer life is weak. It's not weak in the fact that I don't pray often, but rather that I don't ever articulate to God what I'm really feeling/asking for. Generalization is the name of the game. I also don't share my prayer needs with people very often. Who knows if it is because I am shy, self-conscious, or just a little nervous to make myself vulnerable to people.

But here, today, folks...I am asking for your help! If you are the praying type, I have some big requests that I need God to take care of.

1. Come September I have no idea what I am going to be doing in order to pay the bills. I have no job lined up as of yet for when I leave camp and that is very scary to me.

2. Come September I am homeless. I don't know where I will be living, but I need to find a place in Portland so that I can do the whole Graduate school thing. Along with the place to live, please pray for a room mate to share the cost of a place to live.

3. School...please pray that I get accepted and that it is the right decision.

There's probably more to come, but these are the pressing issues as of right now.