« Home | I'm on my Way » | Don't You Wish Your Dog Was Cute Like Mine!?!? » | I don't wanna grow up... » | Awkward Sarcasm and a True Love » | I Hope... » | Passive-Aggressive People... » | Learning to Pray with Faith » | Rule #86 » | Movies as Real Life » | Whew...it's been a while... »

First Day of School

So when I was a kid the first day of school was both very exciting and very sad. Sad because the summer had officially ended, but exciting because I had brand new school supplies. Yep, I love school supplies. Mom and I would always go shopping about two weeks before the first day to get the necessary gear. Every day after that my parents could find me on the living room floor organizing and re-organizing my supplies in my backpack. I would be by far the most organized kid in the class...until the second day of school when my desk looked like a hurricane had hit it.

Tonight was the "first day" of Grad school. Who would have ever thought I would make it this far? I sure didn't. I'm not afraid to say that most of the things that we covered tonight were over my head, but I'm excited about pushing through and figuring everything out. I even made a new friend tonight. He's alright (for a Canadian), and he thinks I'm funny...so we'll keep him around. Mostly I'm excited for the new intellectual stimulation. It's been a while since I've really had that. I'm also looking forward to studying my tushy off in the local coffee shops. There's a Peet's Coffee within walking distance from my new apartment. I have a feeling that they will know me by name and drink order very soon.

It was good to see you the other night too! I thought that you lived in Yamhill or something? Is there a grad school out there, because if there is I think I missed something.

Hahaha, no...Yamhill is not quite that sophisticated. I'm back in Portland again. Just moved back. I'm sure I'll see you again soon, I'm planning a trip up to Renovatus.

Chhristi...congrats on being back in school. I'm a little worried about your desire for Peet's coffee, but I guess we all have faults:-)

Ok, seriously...hope things are going well. Drop me an email and let me know what all is happening in your world.

Hey. Cool for starting school. I just started over at george fox. We'll have to swap grad school stories sometime!

Christi, I've been too bogged down for blogland lately, so I just found out your big news. YAY! I'm so excited for you. I hope things just keep getting better and more exciting. I'm sure you're going to do great, and you've probably made dozens of new friends by now. (Ugh, I just realized I sound like a Mom. Ignore that part--I'm just excited for you!)

I don't know if I got a chance to tell you at the wedding, but you looked gorgeous, Baby! Cute hair, cute dress, cute smile! Woo hoo! Yay for cute!)

Post a Comment