« Home | Don't You Wish Your Dog Was Cute Like Mine!?!? » | I don't wanna grow up... » | Awkward Sarcasm and a True Love » | I Hope... » | Passive-Aggressive People... » | Learning to Pray with Faith » | Rule #86 » | Movies as Real Life » | Whew...it's been a while... » | Contentment... »

I'm on my Way

to where you might ask? Good question. When I find out, I'll be sure to let you know. Life is still a bit confusing, but it's slowly unraveling. So for now I will revel in the fact that at 2:00 pm, Monday, August 21...I, Christi,

was accepted to graduate school.

Yay!

It has been an exhausting process which started in February. Exhausting, but more than strenuous the last few days. On Friday of last week I came home at 9:30 pm to see that there was a message on the answering machine. "Amy, is this message for me or for you?" "It's for you, and it's REALLY important." I push play. "Hello Christi, this is Amy from Concordia University. I just wanted to let you know that we still have not received your second letter of recommendation and if you are still interested in the program our final day for interviews is Monday. Give me a call and let me know what you're thinking." BRAIN EXPLOSION! All these thoughts were instantly filled in my head...
1. I'm gonna punch Andy in the nose! He was supposed to RE-send that stinkin' recommendation weeks ago!!! He's on my poop list for sure this time.
2. Interview? What interview? Nowhere in the application process did it say that I needed to have an interview!!!
3. I HAVE TO WORK MONDAY! How am I supposed to go to an interview if I have to work!?!?!
4. Interested? Of course I'm still interested! It's only the thing that I have been my revolving my entire world around for the last few months! It's the only reason that I am moving back to Portland!
5. Oh NO, they're not going to let me in without that second letter...GAHHHHHHHH!!!
*Side Note: I tend to be a bit of a worrier. End side note*

Fast Forward to Monday (which I got off work by the way). I'm sitting in "Jane's" office at Concordia while she looks through my file. "So, Christi, tell me why you want to be a teacher." Crap, this is the question that I had been rehearsing in my head all day. Brain fart. (insert very clever anecdotes as why I would be an amazing teacher). Phew, pulled that one off. "So do you have a second letter of recommendation?" Sheepishly, "No." "Do you plan on having one?" "Well, I had planned on having it here in April when it was written, but the author of said letter is now out of town." "Hmmm...okay. Well, let me read the one you have." Jane reads the letter and then looks up at me over the top of her glasses. "It must be very nice to have someone think so highly of you. This is one of the most personal and genuine letters that I have read in a long time." (Insert silly grin on my face). "Well Christi, I would like to extend an invitation to you to join our Master of Arts in Teaching program. Classes start next week, you'll need to be ready by then. I'm going to make a few exceptions for you so that you can start on time...(she's still talking but it just sounds like ramble to me because my brain is going...)
WHAT? Wait, what just happened here? Classes...next week? I didn't think they started until late September!!! Financial Aid? Moving? Job? Two nights a week for three hours each? Deep breath...deep breath...deep breath.

Several thousand deep breaths later I'm doing okay. So yeah...there you have it. Christi starts school one week from today. She also happens to be moving into her new apartment in P-town on Saturday. So like I said, I'm on my way somewhere. Prayers, please.

Yay grad school!

Post a Comment