« Home | The Miracle of Plastic... » | 2 Genius Points » | Pampering Time » | Simple Things #7 » | Who's the Wise Guy??? » | Muah ha ha... » | Summer's Coming...YAY!!! » | Public Speaking Career? » | Simple Things #6 » | I am officially a Salem-ite! »

Simple Things #8

The Joy of Pain...is what this post should really be called.

Not just any pain, mind you. A very specific type of ache. It is the ache in your body when you have withheld certain movements from it, then you do them and your muscles remind you that it's been a while since they last did that.

This is the kind of pain I like. When I first started using the big ball (see post directly below this one), I got a few of these aches, nothing major (mostly from my back since it had been a while since I really stretched it). But today, my arms are screaming at me, "Christi! You haven't swung a golf club in two years!!! This is your payback!!!" Yesterday Dwayne, Trevor, and I hit a few balls at a local driving range. It felt AMAZING! Even though my arms are aching pretty good and saying, "Wow, we haven't used that range of motion in a LONG TIME," I have this insane itch to go out and play a round.

Have I mentioned that golf is one of my very favorite sports (to play, not to watch)??? It's right up there with volleyball and softball. This is my game. This is where every shred of aggression I have bottled up inside of me can come out. James has been blogging about third places...the golf course is my third place!!!

Note to Commentors: There will be no golf bashing in the comments to this blog. Yes, it is a real sport. If you disagree, go to another blog.
ss_golf-nes_t smurf.golf

Do you have Nintendo Smurf golf?!

*deleted comment about how golf is not a sport*

Tim: I wish!!! That would be awesome! I don't even think such a thing exists, though. However, I did have the Ninetendo golf game and I played it ALL THE TIME! It was righteous! Hahaha.

Jason: Bah humbug...

i LOVE that "i just worked out so much it hurts" feeling . . . it reminds me that i am ALIVE!

Dang it Jason... You took my little snip about golf before I could get to it. I did actually enjoy hitting the little white and yellow balls at the prk with no skill the other night. It was fun! Go Tuesday nights at the park!!!!

Hey, Tuesday Night in the park was the first, and perhaps last, time I hit a dimply little ball with a metal stick...

Speaking of hitting a dimply ball with a stick, we should go to the Roadhouse and play mini golf or something for our home community sometime. Yes, I'm thinking of you Christi!

Yay!!! I would be so stoked for that! Every time I go to the Roadhouse, or even pass by, I think about how I want to play!!! We should definitely do it!

Ouch, Ryan...ouch! I could be Tiger Woods...I could wear red when I play on Sundays...I could have a pretty bad temper...I could bang my club into the ground every time I don't make a perfect shot...I could be really arrogant after I play, or I could whine about how bad I played...I could travel around and play the most beautiful courses in the world (if I had the money)...

Yeah...I think these are the only differences between Tiger and I (his kagillion dollars being the main one)...but shoot...get the two of us out on the course and he would have a run for his money!!! Hahaha, I could teach him a thing or two about golf.

Hitting dimply balls around with an iron stick = good times!!!

Post a Comment