« Home | Simple Things #7 » | Who's the Wise Guy??? » | Muah ha ha... » | Summer's Coming...YAY!!! » | Public Speaking Career? » | Simple Things #6 » | I am officially a Salem-ite! » | What in the World! » | Refund? » | Simple Things #5 »

Pampering Time

Last Thursday evening Cascade Hills had a "Guy's Night" and a "Girl's Night" at the same time. Who really knows what the guys do...I don't think I want to know...

But the girls had an amazing foot spa hosted by Jacque! Summer recently became a rep for The Body Shop and showed all of us girls the great products! We all had our own foot spas! It was quite a relaxing night.

Toward the end of the evening we had a couple of visitors, though. Trevor and Dwayne, weren't you supposed to be at the Guy's Night? But what is this???

Trevor Spa

Dwayne Spa

Are those foot spa buckets you have at your feet gentlmen?

I guess it wasn't just the girls that walked away with silky smooth feet.

If anybody out there wants to throw an awesome girl's night, invite Summer to show off her Body Shop stuff...there is some very cool things!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!! BUSTED!!!!!

Never again will I accept the lame excuse of "The girls didn't get home till 930, so we bagged it for the night." And Christi said that I was whipped.

Weak, weak, weak.

And for your information, we had fajitas and watched an episode of Family guy, followed by a good but wierd movie called Lonestar.

Yeah...all I heard the next day from Jason was how amazing your fajitas were...

Oh man, not to toot my own horn, but Beep Beep. I was amazed at how well they turned out. I was also stunned by the fact that in a group of guys, we ran out of veggies before we ran out of meat.

Christi...you're DEAD. Haven't you ever heard of "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"??? The same applies when men get a little foot treatment.

You'll also notice my son, Riley, in the picture. I was...ummm...just playing in the water with him.

My wife asked me last night, "What do you want to do for your birthday?"

"I don't know."

"Do you want me to pamper you?"

"Do you mean: give me a manicure and a pedicure? No (chuckle), no, what were you thinking."

"But you would be all soft."

"Then pamper me for YOUR birthday."

To quote Jake recently, "these are the sort of photos that get you in to trouble when later you try to run for senator."

so don't run for senator, run for president. (wink)

i gave my husband a gift certificate for a full body massage on his birthday. he loved it. i think it was very manly of him. nothing like taking care of those manly muscles with some good deep tissue.

and now that i am in school to me an Licensed Massage Therapist, the pampering will never end . . . maybe when i get my license, i'll have a blog for my business (until i can offord a real web site)!

Y'know, I'm finding that a comment Melissa made to me the other day is very very true...

She said that every man, no matter how manly he claims to be, has some sort of feminine side to him. It just takes form in different things.

Maybe Dwayne and Trevor really like their feet to feel foofy...while other men I know actually like to shop.

I'd like to hear other ways in which the men in our lives are a little girlie.

Hey, what about the ways girls are manly? any one got any contributions on that? honestly, i cant think of anything really, but maybe you can.

i burp louder and more often than jon. actually, body functions sort of gross him out--whereas other guys are pretty proud of their bodily functions . . .

actually, i belch and spit. gross i know, but its the truth.
hey christi i left you a comment on your Salem-ite entry. write me back :) teehee

I was recently told that I can throw a football...err...actually it was...

"She was made to be a quarterback."

Yeah, that made me feel REAL girlie. Thanks Trevor :)

Bry - I just wrote you a nice big comment on your "Starting Over" blog. We'll definitely have to meet for some coffee sometime! That would be awesome! When you come into town give me a call!

I'm tempted to post on my own blog about feminism in the church and positive and negative effects it has. Just some reading I happened upon recently. I wouldn't want it to go against that which it seeks to help.

Feminism? Where? From who? Huh?

It's going the other way now too, Tim.

It's going the what? I honestly don't understand what you just wrote.

I do know that all stereotypes of male and female pretty much don't encompass an entire person. They may caricature certain traits, but generalizing anything will miss the whole of something.

That being said, fajitas = good.

I was going to tell you that it cannot be construed as feminism when you, Tim Lewis, a male, add to the mix making certain stereotypes about your gender (i.e. Your Seinfeld remarks in the previous blog post).

My quoting of Seinfeld and its relationship to feminism is but a mere obscure footnote reference in the metaconversation.

You still failed to explain effectively what "it's going the other way now too" means.

(just trying to get you ready for grad school...and maybe me?)

You're going to grad school??? Yay!!! Come to Memphis with me!

And as miniscule as your addition may have been, it spurred on the majority of the remaining conversation...so BAM!

"it's going the other way now too" means that we were also looking for ways in which girls can be masculine...but nobody played along...sad day.

Post a Comment