« Home | Simple Things #5 » | Praise Him... » | Irony » | Ha Ha Ha!!! » | Procrastination Gene??? » | Simple Things #4 » | Senior-itis at it's finest » | Did That Really Just Happen??? » | Windshield Worries » | Simple Things #3 »

Refund?

I've come to the conclusion that for every class that a professor is not there (whether they cancelled it ahead of time or if something just came up to where they couldn't make it) then the school should reimburse you the money that would have gone into that one class.

I once had a friend who refused to skip class because she had done the math and figured that for every class she skipped, she had wasted about $60 of her tuition money (maybe more, I can't remember exactly).

With this logic, if a professor is absent for class for one reason or another, they should forfeit over the $60 that they would have made for that day per student. It only makes sense to me! Plus, if this was in effect, I would have A LOT of money coming back to me!

My only problem with that is it would be initiated AFTER I've been through school. I'm running my calculator as we speak, and I'm close to $1,068 that I should be getting back from WOU.

Naw, you can't get into equating tuition money and class time. In my book, you are only paying for two things: the professor can't ignore you when you ask questions and they have to give you a piece of paper saying you have at least thought about your major once per semester. Other than that, all bets are off.

Of course, that may have something to do with my philosophy toward attending classes before noon or doing homework other than major projects... How in the world did I ever graduate in engineering??

...and if they were forced to give us money for it... it would make professor skipping less frequent- and I don't know about you, but having my 8-10am free today was mighty fine.

oh... and again, this is Lauren :-)

Post a Comment