« Home | Windshield Worries » | Simple Things #3 » | The Tongue » | Chipotle - Restaurant Review » | Broomball » | Self-Acclaimed ADD All-Star » | Simple Things #2 » | The Unforgiveable Social Sin » | Finally Done... » | Free Education??? 01/25/05 »

Did That Really Just Happen???

Instead of discussing something intellectual or thought provoking tonight, I've decided to share a little story about what happened to me this evening.

I've lived on the same dead-end road in Portland my entire life. I know the area very well. The freeway is about half a mile from my house, and in that period of time, the speed drops 10mph. I was about 50 yards to the freeway onramp when all of a sudden I have flashing red and blue lights tailgating me. "Oh crap!" is the first thing that runs through my head. So I pull over and turn my radio down and roll down my window and wait for the inevitable old crabby man to approach and say, "Can I see your license and registration?" However, what I found outside my window was a young, very attractive police officer saying, "Good evening, miss. How are you doing?" WHAT??? I've NEVER had a policeman ask me how I was doing before (not that I've really been pulled over that many times...wink wink). So in a smiley, joking voice I uttered, "I'd be better if we weren't about to have the conversation we're about to have." He smiled and took my license from my hand. He took it back to his car with him for about five minutes and then returned. He handed my license back to me and with a big grin on his face said, "I've just run a scan on you, and since you have a pretty clean driving record, I'm going to let you off with a warning. Be sure to get your tail light fixed, and remember that the speed through here is 35, not 50 (I wasn't going 50!!! I was only going 43). Have a wonderful rest of the evening, and by the way, you have some very beautiful eyes." Then he walked away.

Okay...holy cow. Did that really just happen to me???

Just thought I'd share my interesting story that in a weird way brightened my night. Is that wrong?

Are you sure that wasn't a over-caffeinated nap-dream you had slumped over a hermeneutics textbook and drooling on your keyboard?

Yeah...that would make more sense to me as well...

If it was a dream, though, the officer would have been a little more good looking than he already was.

This is a true story I'm gonna get to tell for generations...hahaha.

Hehehe, I guess I'll just have to read this blog post at your wedding...

WHAT??? I mean... don't get me wrong... you have beautiful eyes and everything but...

WHAT???

Am I alone, or was that comment ridiculously inappropriate?

What does he say when he likes an actual criminal's leather jacket? (Or eyes???)

...wow.

In other news... that still would have made my night too. :-)

oh... that was from Lauren Elyse by the way... I forgot.

Post a Comment