« Home | The Tongue » | Chipotle - Restaurant Review » | Broomball » | Self-Acclaimed ADD All-Star » | Simple Things #2 » | The Unforgiveable Social Sin » | Finally Done... » | Free Education??? 01/25/05 » | Hmm...01/25/05 » | Simple Things #1...01/20/05 »

Simple Things #3

In the effort not to divulge too much information at once, I've been trying to spread out these Simple Things posts. So here's #3 for your viewing pleasure.

One of the things that I appreciate the most in this world is a good nap in the middle of the day. I don't get to enjoy these very often, but that just increases the satisfaction when I do.
Taking a good nap could be construed as a beautiful art. I like to come home, throw my stuff on my cheap Target imitation papasan chair, and take off my shoes. One of the keys to a good sleep is having your feet at a comfortable temperature and relaxed. If you're just getting home from work, make sure you give your feet a few minutes to calm down before napping. The next step is to slip into a pair of sweat pants that are about three sizes too big. Now it's time for the fan to be turned on (since I am one of those weird sleepers who needs the noise to fall asleep). The next part is crucial. You have to un-make your bed. Ruffle it up a bit. Make some wrinkles. Now it's time to slide into the sheets and arrange the pillows. I'm the type of person who likes a lot of pillows. I have two under my head, two to my right, and two to my left. That way, it doesn't matter how much I toss around (like I tend to do), I will always have pillows under my head and pillows to snuggle with. Once you've adjusted your head to the most comfortable position, pull the blankets up over your shoulders so that they are tucked into your neck space. If you feel so inclined, this would be the time to have one leg come out from under the covers. Now it's time to fall into a deep, dreamful, wonderful sleep.

This is what I consider proper nap-taking technique. Try it, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Wait...unmake your bed? Doesn't that mean you have to make it first? I'll pass.

I've found the best way to take a nap is to do so often. In the chair. On the couch. Hugging your coffee cup. Lying on the floor. On the covers, under the covers, with no covers at all. Fully clothed with shoes on. With an elusive cat staring me in the face. With the doorbell ringing. With loud music playing. It just doesn't matter. Sleep. Often. Joy.

NEVER EVER EVER...with a cat in the room. That's like having el diablo himself watching you sleep!!! SCARY, creepy, ICK!!!

Post a Comment