« Home | Challenge Camp... » | Camp makes me happy... » | It's Been Too Long... » | Simple Things #8 » | The Miracle of Plastic... » | 2 Genius Points » | Pampering Time » | Simple Things #7 » | Who's the Wise Guy??? » | Muah ha ha... »

A Summer Update

I wonder just how many people actually still read this blog, considering there has been no activity in the last couple of weeks. To my faithful readers (whoever you may be), thanks for sticking with me. To make up for time lost and express how much I value each of you, I will now post some very embarrassing pictures of myself for your viewing pleasure.

Slip and Slide1 Slip and Slide2

These pictures were taken at the last camp I was at (Jr. Teen for middle school kids). We had a slip and slide that was at least 35 feet long that we used. We had what we affectionately called "The Slip and Slide Olympics" on Thursday. In order to even qualify for the semi-finals, you had to be able to (without stepping on the plastic to begin with or pushing yourself with your arms) slide off the end of the plastic into the grass. It was an intense competition. I was the only girl that qualified for the semi-finals, but alas, that's where my glory died. I didn't make it into the top 5. Congratulations goes out to David Rude for his second winning year!

This summer has definitely been interesting. It's had it's share of amazing, inspiring, God-filled moments, but in the same breath I can tell you that it has been the most difficult time in my life. But, inspite of the negative things, God has also opened many doors. I continue to thank Him for being faithful (even when I don't want to be). A few other updates would include...but are not limited to...

*It feels like a sauna in my apartment.
*I haven't worn my Chacos enough this summer to get the cool tan line that I wanted.
*I am, however, burnt to a crisp on the upper half of my body...and am peeling (gross).
*I get to start a GREAT job on Monday.
*My good friend Kelsey Ann is now engaged!
*I want a puppy very very badly (but realize that it would be a very bad idea right now).
*Friends Season 10 has just been announced to be released November 15...who's excited??? I AM!

That's all for now. Until next time...

Speaking of DVDs, have you watched any of the Simpsons Season 1 yet? You need to hurry up and get to Season 3, where it really starts getting good and funny. You should come over and watch. No really...you should watch it. Watch it. Now.

mmmmmm simpsons

I wish I could come over and watch the simpsons.

I've gotten halfway through Season 1. It's hard for me to sit down and watch since I know they don't get good until season 3. I'll work on it though.

well, forget watching simpsons season anything. if i'm gonna watch any TV DVD's its 24! (i love that show) We are watching season 3 now, and oh my gosh, can you believe what happened to Tony? will he be okay?! "Leave a message for Jack Bauer" ...
Christi-- why has this been the most difficult time? Granted I havent seen THAT much of you really, that which I have seen, you have only not been a good mood a couple of times... (if you are up to it) we should chat sometime. AND when would you like to get together for coffee or something anyway? Theres a new coffee shop in Sheridan...

It's amazing how much a smile can cover, isn't it?

i suppose, but not that that is always a good thing.

where's your new job gonna be, friend?
have a great rest of the summer! don't let your job make you old! mine is!

Well welcome back to my blog, Ryan. Your viewing pleasure is very important to me, so check back every so often. I won't be able to post my next good one until after the weekend because I'll be out of town, but it'll be a good one!!! You can look forward to some amazing comparisons!!!

Tabs - I'll actually be working in Keizer.

doin' what? are you allowed to say?

Post a Comment