« Home | It's Been Too Long... » | Simple Things #8 » | The Miracle of Plastic... » | 2 Genius Points » | Pampering Time » | Simple Things #7 » | Who's the Wise Guy??? » | Muah ha ha... » | Summer's Coming...YAY!!! » | Public Speaking Career? »

Camp makes me happy...

So I'm going to take my cue from Bryanna and write a little (or rather large) blurp about how amazing Sr. Teen camp was this year. Camp has always been a place of total release for me...to leave my cares and worries behind. It's a place where my Creator and I become very very intimate. It is the place where I first learned about Jesus, and the place where I gave my life over to Him. It has a very special place in my heart. Aside from all of the super deep, meaningful stuff that Camp Yamhill reminds me of, it also reminds me of some really great, hilarious times that have been had. A few of the highlights from Sr. Teen would include (but are not limited to)...

1. Spencer Drew. This kid cracks me up. He spent a week of his life perfecting the Napolean Dynamite dance and he performed it in front of the entire camp. It was SWEET! Napolean Dance
2. Taiped (pronounced Tape-Head). What you do is get one contestant from each team to put some nylons over their head, and then wrap their head completely in masking tape...sticky side out. Once the contestants all look like mummies, they race each other to a pile of garbage and see what they can get stuck to their head. There are point values for each item. Here is yet another picture of the infamous Spencer Drew with his nylons on his face... Spencer Taiped
3. Ethan Woods. My goodness this kid is so funny. I was in charge of dismissing tables during mealtimes, and somehow this kid always convinced me to let his table be one of the first ones. Once he finished his plate, he would put it away, and then go through the line that he hadn't already been to and get another helping. And look at him!!! He's so tiny!!! Oh yeah, for all of you who know, he IS one of the infamous Woods clan (Greg's son...but don't tell him I told you, he hates the publicity). Ethan
4. My cabin was AWESOME!!! Girls 6 rocked my socks!!! Deborah Busch, Erica Euen, Nikki Bourgo, Sarah Mears, Kirby Killen, Christiana Cha, Mary Stutzman, Lindsay Jones, Torey Edwards, Shannon, Emily, Sarah Klatt, Brooke Aus, and anyone else I forgot...I LOVE YOU!!!
5. Emeshea Petty...my cabin partner! Not only is she such a super cool girl, she is cousins with one of my very best friends in the entire world...Miss Rachel Maria Hess.
6. Watching the entire camp smash raw eggs on eachother was part of a pillow fight...how cool is that? What's even better is coming out of the ordeal completely clean...I was hiding in the staff cabin and watching from a distance...muah ha ha.
7. Jennifer Reed...one of the girls from my cabin that I forgot to mention in #4. This girl is probably one of the most spaced out kids I've ever met. She is so intense about everything and so hyper all at the same time. I didn't know how to handle her most the week because she just wouldn't get out of my face. She perfected her robot dance, however, and gave nightly performances of her skills. I will never be able to hear the "Mr. Ro...bot...o" song again and not think about her.
8. Basically just hanging out with some of these cool kids...they were so much fun...Muscle Group Deck Group And it was so much fun watching the girls swoon over the Richardson brothers with their insanely intense blue eyes.
9. Do I even have to mention the baptisms??? See post directly below this one.

Well, this was a large enough update I think. Camp is F...U...N. And I get two more amazing weeks out there this summer...praise Jesus!

so jealous that my favorite girls were in your cabin and that you got to hang out with my sister for a week while i was AT WORK . . . i wanna go to caaaaammmpp and play with the kids!

Yeah, you can't beat youth ministry--paid to go to camp!

I am sooo jealous of you! Getting to go to camp! I wish I could go to camp. Poop on you. But don't worry, I still love you. I am glad that you had a good time and that so much work for God was accomplished. You are one amazing young lady. Stay strong and keep workin for Jesus!
Love ya,
Rachel Hess

is jason for REAL? i was never paid to councel at camp yamhill, never. i have to believe times haven't changed that much... (don't tell me if they have...).

also... i'm related to torey edwards. aint she the greatest?

Post a Comment